Sunday 6 March 2016

Best chocolate cake



One should never save cake for later when it can be eaten now."
Marissa Meyer (Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4))




I can bake a cake from scratch, you know measuring cups, scales, the whole nine yards. But for a chocolate cake that is needed in a hurry and turns out perfect every time, I use Betty Croker – Devil’s food cake mix, with my own twist. I have a secret ingredient that enhances the chocolate flavour.
My secret twist happened quite by accident, I always make sure that I have a supply of the cake mix. So with no occasion in mind, except a hot cup of tea and a piece of light fluffy cake. I decided to get baking.

At this point I realised that I did not have any vegetable oil in the cupboard. All I had was my favourite olive oil that I purchase from Lidl.  As I had already started assembling the mixture I decided to use the olive oil. 

This was a happy event as it made the cake taste better.  The chocolate flavour was enhanced.  I would encourage you to follow the instruction on the package but give it a try with the olive oil and see for yourself what a difference it makes.





No comments:

Post a Comment

aMOZON