Tuesday 1 March 2016

the cookbook



After having a meal at itsu I enjoyed the food so much that I wanted to imitate the clean taste of the  dish. So I went in search of a cookbook on Amazon and to my delight I found a itsu cookbook, they have them for £4.99 plus p/p. I put my order in on Friday and received the cookbook on Saturday morning.

I could not wait to try one of the recipes and decided on Japanese-style rice with spring onion & ginger sauce, ( page 42).

With the list of ingredients in my hand off I went to Sainsbury's and I was very pleased to find they have a section with most of the ingredients needed to make the sauces and add the flavours that go into making the food so tasty.

As I am not used to cooking this genre of food, I followed the recipe as it is set out.  I have to say the results were perfect and by all the mmmm's. I think it was a hit.

Encouraged by my first endeavour, I went back to Sainsbury to purchase a few more bits. This time I cooked Seared miso-marinated steak( page127) . The vegetables I cooked as it is set out in the cook book on page 48. It was so tasty and filling . The best bit, the calorie count is only 263. 



I have had so much fun making meals that are low in calories, healthy and mostly easy to cook. The flavours are amazing. Making the food even with preparation time is minimal


Tonight I made the Grilled chicken teriyaki, it is only 217 calories. I added brown rice cooked as I did with the first dish I tried. The mixed veggies the same as the day before. Loved the sesame seeds it added another dimension to the taste of the dish.

I have always shied away from cooking Southeast Asian  food and I am so glad that I gave it a try. I have had so much fun making meals that are low in calories, healthy and easy to cook. The flavours are amazing.

I have added a link to Amazon for the cookbook. ENJOY








No comments:

Post a Comment

aMOZON