Friday 25 November 2016

Family time



Gary and Ali came for dinner a couple of nights ago. As it has been cold I decided to make a lamb curry with nan bread, for pudding Apple and blueberry tart.

This  apple pie tart recipe is a old favourite that always has everyone asking for more. It is quick and no fussing with making crusts. I got the recipe from a magazine when we just got married, so has been around for a while. The original recipe calls  for  apples only, I had a few blueberries in the fridge and thought I would add them in, I am glad I did the flavours worked well.

Batter:

200g (250ml) sugar
37.5ml butter
3 large eggs
140g (250ml) self raising flour
2ml baking powder
pinch salt
60ml milk

1 tin apples ( I use any apples left in the fruit bowl, I add some Cognac, a teaspoon  of soft sugar and a small amount of water, cook until apples are soft but not mushy. take the apples out of the juice and allow to cool.)

There is a caramel sauce but I have never used it :

1 tin ideal milk
200g sugar
5ml caramel essence

Preheat oven 180 - 350

Beat the sugar and butter together until light and creamy.
Add the eggs one by one, beat well

Sift the dry ingredients together
Add to the butter and sugar mix, alternating with the milk

Add the apples and blueberries to the batter and gently fold in.

Pour the batter into a greased dish and bake for 30-40 minutes

Caramel sauce
Pour all ingredients into a saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring continually
Pour the sauce over the tart immediately after removing the tart from the oven.

Now all that is left  to do is add a large portion to your plate add lashings of  double cream or custard.

Enjoy











No comments:

Post a Comment

aMOZON