Thursday 24 August 2017

Tupperware dilemma

I went into the kitchen packed the dish washer and decided that I needed to wipe down the tiles. Then I took the bits and peices hanging on the walls and they needed a wash. Which meant that shelves and draws needed clearing and wiping down.

Bin bag time,  I was going along, content with the fact I was getting rid of a lot of junk, you know stuff you put in a draw just case. 

Then... I opened the plastic container draws, yes draws. I am that attached to my Tupperware. I always think that  lid that has no bottom is going to turn up. It is like socks you always put a pair in the wash and only one ever comes out the machine.

But I was in clean out mode so all the lids that don't have bottoms out, bottoms with no lids were going  to be binned. I was feeling really proud of myself. I was on track to a clean and tidy kitchen.
Then it was time to pick up the bag and walk it down the path to the blue bin.  Well walk of indecision, should I turn around and take my beloved Tupperware out the bag and replace it back in the draws I had just emptied. 

I feel I need to explain. There are lids that belonged to bowls that used to store baby food in. And that milk jug but isn't, never used it but you don't know if that occation arrived when you might need the jug looking thingy. What about that cool green lid, I might find another bottom for it. 

No, I had to be strong. I can do this. I reached the blue bin lifted the lid and paused for a  second. I let the bag drop. I did it. I had to walk back inside quickly and not turn around. 

It is a new day and I find I can live without the all the plastic that filled the draws and caused a lot of frustration when trying to pair a lid with a bowl. 

I am free.... to place my new babies I bought with matching bottoms and lids in the draw now allocated to plastic.











No comments:

Post a Comment

aMOZON